myPeugeot 308 Acceleration

April 17th was a bright day - clear blue sky with little isolated clouds. For Southern Klang Valley it was the best late afternoon weather in more than one month. On every Friday as usual I left my office early. The traffic was clear and I decided to test myPeugeot 308 for an acceleration from the last traffic light before reaching my home.I had with me a GPS datalogger. There is a 500m-straight for a quick sprint for 20 seconds up to 150kph before slowing down for a left-hand curve - there is also a gradual sloping up with approx. 50:1 gradient as a slight impediment for the test as shown below. [note: the gradient illustration is exergerated by using different scales for x-axis and y-axis. click on the image to enlarge]

This is part of the logged data. The car hit 100kph just after 9th second from standstill. However based on the car speedometer it took just 8.75secs to hit 100kph. The speedometer of my car probably reads 2-3% higher as I mentioned in earlier post.

Based on conservative figures from logged data, I plotted a chart using Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheet as shown below and I can conclude that myPeugeot 308 can sprint from 0 to 100kph in 9.25seconds on normal AUTO mode. Prabably less than 9.1 sec if it was tested on level road by deploying tiptronic. I will find a better place to test how fast [or slow] for the 308 THP to reach from 0-160kph later...[already done, click [HERE] ]Im quite certain by the time other 1.6~1.8liter N.A automatic tx cars reach 100kph, Peugeot 308THP Auto already hitting 120kph or more!

frequently visited pages:
|Home|Fuel Consumption|Performance|uncles DIY|Car Size Comparison|

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment