Oil cooler with oil filter relocate

 In this topic I write about oil cooler with oil filter relocate that have been done to my car. Basic oil cooler with remote oil filter is like a diagram below.   




Oil cooler with internal fin has better heat dissipation.



In this picture below is my all the kit that are used in this project. Not all the fitting had been used and hoses not included in the picture.



I have weld a fitting to the oil cooler so that I can attach 45 degree fitting onto it.




Ive also cut and welded 2 fittings to became 1 as per below picture. I need the fitting to connect between oil cooler adapter.




Then, Ive mount the oil cooler just behind a bumper. The oil cooler bracket are nicely fit with original screw that already had in my car. Just need a little bracket to mount it. Sorry no picture for the oil cooler mount.


After measured and confirmed the fitting angle, I went to hydraulic fitting shop to make this kind of hoses. The shop owner recommend me to use hydraulic hose as it thick and heavy duty. But the is one problem, the problem is this kind of hose are to hard to route.



I used a threadlock to seal and lock the fitting. Threadlocker will prevent the fitting to loosen from vibration and it will seal the fitting thread.



After all things have been installed.


Then Ive replaced the oil filter adapter with thicker and stronger bracket.







Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment